Saturday, September 14, 2013

Before and After Video of our Home Remodel

We sold our Woodstock house and downsized in June 2009. It involved a lot of work. Actually, that is an understatement. We totally gutted it down to the studs, cut out part of the ceiling and made a loft, moved the bathroom, and added a 1/2 bath and added another bedroom.



Today I found a video I made of our house during demolition. I just thought you might like to see the huge change!
BEFORE

AFTER

I just have to say it.... "You've come a long way baby!"

Granted our house is not truly gorgeous or luxurious looking, so we try and go with the cottage look. But it is our home sweet home, and I am very gratetful for our little Big House! I love it! God helped us sell our Woodstock home and buy this house almost free and clear. Currently, our mortgage payment has been paid off, which has allowed us to help our children with their college debt.

It is time to buy some furniture, and I don't know what to do. Ugh! I don't like this kind of shopping. The leather couch is beginning to fall apart. It is ripped in several places and the brown stuff is flaking off.  It got all over my friend's white pants. Not so good! I don't even want to talk about why this nice leather couch (or so I thought when I purchase it) has such cheap and terrible leather. I guess it doesn't matter. No use crying over...a flaky couch. I just have to convince my husband that it really is time to buy a new couch!

4 comments:

  1. It's a great place to call home! I am afraid couch shopping is not something I can advise on, except perhaps, something washable, like with removable cushion covers, if you don't go with leather again. I bought mine (blue velvet) from Goodwill for $60, borrowed Marks steam cleaning machine, and have since cleaned it again. It has removable covers which I have washed (air dried) a couple more times. I like to spend little because then I feel no guilt over not wanting to live with it for a long time.
    So many great couches out there, have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little house! It reminds me of our Hugo house, from the front door, you see it all!! And yah, hard to keep it perfect for a "neat and tidy all the time look", but nice to have large people, ahem, or little ones, but many of them over;-) Couches - I love leather. I wonder WHY it flaked? Perhaps an honest salesperson could shed some light (hard to know which ones are being truthful though, and not just upselling you). Leather is easy to clean, and matches everything. Wires are the bane of my existence. When you figure out how to hide them, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darla. Leather is great for keeping clean! Ours has a few rips etc. because of keys or who knows what. I don't know if I should get leather again, and if we should get a sectional or a couch and a loveseat. I am leaning toward not getting a sectional and I guess just keeping it with the same arrangement.

      Delete
  3. Now that you know what you need - price out a few of the items, see if you buy from the same retailer if they will give you a 10% break on your purchases. 
    Home Remodeling Wycoff

    ReplyDelete