Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Gift of Encouragment



I think everyone should have a Whitney in their life. 
Really, the girl is a blessing to have around. 
Her mouth is a continual fountain of 
praise and encouragement to me. 
She makes a deliberate effort to notice me, hug me 
and say something positive to me. 
All the time!
I have to chuckle though. 
Yesterday she told me how wonderful I looked. 
She went on to say how I seemed to have blossomed 
and gotten past the last 2 years of hurt and so on and so on.  
It was humorous to me, 
because minutes before I answered the door I had been crying.
(just 'cause I needed to)
                  ... And my nose always turns red when I cry. 
      
Also, I had only gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep that night. 
I guess my body and mind had decided that 
I only needed a nap instead of the usual night's rest. 
(Being normal must be over rated.) 

...And I had been cleaning, 
...and I think I remembered to brush my hair that day. 
I see you are getting the picture.

Anyway, the compliment/encouragement was duly noted 
and much appreciated! 

I am not sure how accurate her words were to me that day, 
but I truly feel loved by this dear young woman.
 
      "The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life."
       Proverbs 10:11



What gift do you have? Have you been sharing yours?

I Thessalonians 5:11
Hebrews 10:23-25


~teresa~

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived with a pastor's wife for 31 years, I can say with certainty that women who give and receive encouraging words cultivate a uniquely sweet spirit in the church family--one that is extraordinarily rare in an otherwise oppressive world.

    ReplyDelete